What Causes Timber Damage? The biggest cause of timber troubles is moisture. Homes with improper water-proofing are prone to problems such as rising damp, rot, mildew and mould growth as well as the infestation of wood devouring pests. There are several methods of Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort timber treatment, each customised to address the specific problem in your home. Before trying to tackle the problem DIY, we strongly recommend consulting the professionals.
Health Hazards: Moisture in your home can result in the growth of moulds and mildews. These release spores which can cause allergies and upper respiratory problems, as well as eye irritation. Prolonged exposure to some types of moulds can even result in neurological symptoms and eventually death. Rising damp creates the ideal environment for wood-eating pests. These creatures can weaken the structural integrity of your home, putting you and your family at serious risk of collapsing walls and roofs.
If you're looking for fully screened professionals and real ratings, check out our network of specialist contractors. Each home improvement specialist has their work rated by members of the public and satisfies our strict screening policy.
Compare local specialists in minutes
This is a simple Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort timber treatment that involves using a specially formulated paint to deter the growth of moulds and mildews. This type of paint reduces condensation, insulating the wall and raising the temperature of the surface thus reducing the amount of moisture in the home. This paint can be used for stippled or plain surfaces and greatly reduces the risk of mould and mildew growth.
Damp Proofing: Damp proofing is an essential timber treatment. Damp proofing includes using flexible materials like heated bitumen, plastic sheeting, felt and metal sheeting to reduce the chance of moisture leaching indoors. Rigid materials such as bricks, mortar, stone and treated slate impervious to water can also be used but may be more expensive. Coarse sand layers or continuous plastic sheets are often used under flooring to prevent moisture leaching out of the ground into the foundations.
Woodworm Treatment Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort: The type of Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort timber treatment depends on the specific species of beetle and the type of wood involved. Standard treatment involves the application of a water based insecticide to all infected timbers. This kills all insects already present and leaves a residue in the wood to kills eggs and larvae. Be aware that some chemical treatments are not suitable for all woods and may damage the varnish. Only the professionals should apply these potentially harmful chemicals.
Dry Rot Treatment Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort: Typical Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort dry rot timber treatment includes identifying the source of moisture in the home and determining how best to correct this problem permanently by improving the means of ventilation. Once the affected area has been dried out, the infected timbers including fabrics such as plaster in close proximity are stripped and destroyed. The area is then treated with potent fungicides. Only after all fungal spores have been considered destroyed, are new, pre-treated anti-dry rot timbers then replaced.
Tired of living with ugly and smelly mould colonies on your ceiling? Concerned that woodworm or dry rot is affecting the structural integrity of your home? It might be time to consider professional Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort timber treatment. We can help you find the best quality, affordable solution to your timber problem. Get a free, no-obligation quote from us today so that you can breathe easier in a home free of mould, rot and wood-eating pests.
Your Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort timber treatment questions answered
- What is timber treatment? Timber treatment is a method of ensuring that wood is protected against the elements and moisture. This is often done after the timber is gathered and cut in an effort to significantly increase the life of the wood. Lumber companies use a variety of different methods for treating timber.
- Why is it important? Timber treatment not only lengthens the life of the wood (which is important in building projects), but it prevents it from being attractive to certain pests, like woodworm.
- Can timber treatment be used on existing homes? Yes, but the methods of treatment used on existing structures are not as effective as those that can be used on wood that has not yet been assembled. Places where wood is joined cannot be treated effectively or in many cases, at all.
- How much does timber treatment cost? This will depend on the surface area of the wood that needs to be treated, as well as the method that is being used to preserve the wood. The only way to get a definitive answer here is to apply for free quotes direct using our free service.
- What are some reasons for having Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort timber treatment performed? You may need timber treatment to eliminate dry rot, provide protection from water damage, or guard against insects such as termites or ants. Any time you are using wood outdoors, you should have timber treatment performed.
Our Woodwork Treatment Form
Whatever treatment you need for your woodwork, just let us know a few details using our online form. It only takes a minute of your time to complete and then that's it!
Your Free Timber Quotes
We then organise for up to four free quotes from local Taobh A Deas Loch Aineort wood treatment specialists to be delivered direct. Remember all quotes are obligation-free too!